Although very similar in build and design, there are a few very distinct differences with the ownership experiences between the Chevy Cabover models and Isuzu’s N-Series commercial trucks that give Isuzu a huge advantage and Isuzu customers, thousands in savings. The trucks are almost identical in spec, design, weights, and dimensions. If it wasn’t for the OE badge, Isuzu or Chevy bowtie, at the front of the truck, you couldn’t tell the difference between the two models. Typically this leads to purchase price as the deciding factor when comparing the two.
The points made below clearly show why Isuzu still holds a very steep advantage of the competition. Isuzu has been the #1 selling low cab forward truck in America every year since 1986. Chevrolet has a tough road to climb if they want to compete with that track record.
- Vehicle Health Reports are only available on Isuzu trucks. Can be a very valuable tool for fleet managers and owners. – Isuzu Only!
- The Fleet Value aftermarket parts line is only available on Isuzu trucks. This can equate to significant savings for consumers. – Isuzu Only!
- Warranty Coverage: Extended Warranty options are night and day different
- Diesel Models (aftertreatment): $300 for 60 months / 200,000 miles – Isuzu Only!
- Gas Models: $350 for 60 months / 125,000 miles – Isuzu Only!
- Roadside Assistance: Isuzu has a medium duty response center trained on Isuzu trucks so that the call center knows how to best handle the situation and which tow trucks to send. – Isuzu Only!
- 24 / 60 Covered Maintenance: $3,000 in cost savings. All PM’s for first 24 months or 60,000 miles on diesel model Isuzu’s are 100% free. Must be performed by an Isuzu dealer. – Isuzu Only!
- PSMP: Isuzu’s Priority Service Maintenance Plan (Pre-paid service). Gives the consumer an opportunity to pre pay for PM’s, tires, and brakes services for different periods of times. Locks in parts and labor prices in today’s $$$. Establishes a clear CPM (Cost Per Mile) from day 1. – Isuzu Only!
- Fair Market Value Lease: Isuzu and Isuzu Finance will guarantee a Residual value that is highest in the industry. – Isuzu Only!
Fleet value parts, warranty coverages, and covered maintenance can end up saving the consumer thousands of dollars per year and over the life of the truck. A few things not mentioned above is the expertise of the Isuzu technicians who have years of experience, the back office and customer support that ICTA offers, and the industry knowledge shared by the sales force.
Consider all the facts when making a purchase. The Chevrolet cabover may be for you. If it is, I would suggest buying an Isuzu and just replace the nameplate with the Chevrolet bowtie.